Properties of super Protein
- Lactoferrin is a multi-functional Super Protein with Antibacterial, Antifungal, Antiviral and Anti-inflammatory properties.
- Antibacterial properties of Lactoferrin removes bacteria from the plaque biofilm and its Antifungal abilities help to stave off fungal infections.
- Lactoferrin is originally from mother’s milk. It helps infants to absorb iron from breast milk. Lactoferrin helps to create the immune system of the baby.
- The other primary source of Lactoferrin is bovine milk. One of the primary contributors to immunity, Lactoferrin depletes from the body due to aging and diseases.
Benefits of Lactoferrin
- It is effective against the formation of biofilms. One common example of biofilm is the formation of dental plaque, a thin film buildup of bacteria on the surface of the teeth.
- Salivary Lactoferrin plays a crucial role in protecting the oral cavity against several oral pathogens. However, human Saliva has just 0.008 mg/ml of Lactoferrin. Then too it acts as a defender against oral microbes, fighting hard not only to stop the growth of bacteria but also in killing them. But at times, this is not enough.
- With the support of Lactoferrin based Dente91, the saliva’s defensive power is multiplied that helps to fight various bacteria responsible for grave oral and other diseases.
- Lactoferrin is a ‘Super Protein’ and one of our most powerful ingredients. We, at DENTE 91, developed a formula harnessing the power of lactoferrin and knew at once that it was going to make a difference in oral hygiene. Our unique formulation based on lactoferrin is a perfect solution to maintain a healthy balance in oral care.
Bringing NASA's Secret to you
- Did you know, on their mission to space, astronauts used to suffer demineralization of the teeth in the absence of gravity? But in the 1970s, the NASA scientists proposed a novel repairing material called hydroxyapatite.
- Scientists realized that the synthesized hydroxyapatite mimicked the very structure of the tooth and hence utilized this amazing property to the benefit. This led to natural repair and re-mineralization of the loss which turned out to be a breakthrough in itself.
With the advent of science, Nano-hydroxyapatite (Nano-HAp) was developed. Nano-hydroxyapatite (Nano-HAp); due to its nano-sized particles, offered a great potential in the treatment of hypersensitivity, as its nano-sized particles can be incorporated inside the dentin tubules. These become sealed and pain associated with dental hypersensitivity was reduced and also showed benefits in healing cavities and reducing tooth decay.